According to Clint Eastwood, during the filming of "The Shootist" (1976), director Don Siegel got into trouble with John Wayne. He asked Wayne to shoot the villain in the back in one of the scenes in the movie. After a long pause, Wayne asked, "You mean I shoot him in the back?". Siegel said, "Yeah, just shoot him, because he has four other guys with him". Wayne replied, "I don't shoot anyone in the back". Siegel then told Wayne that Eastwood would have shot him in the back. Wayne's face turned purple with fury and he said, "I don't care what that kid would have done, I don't shoot him in the back". An aggrieved Eastwood felt that it was a terrible error on the part of Siegel to say that he would kill a man with no warning.
Petronella Wyatt
Siegel was born in 1912 to a Jewish family[4] in Chicago; his father was Samuel Siegel, a mandolin player.[5] Siegel attended schools in New York, then moved to England to study at Jesus College, Cambridge and Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.[1] For a short time, he studied at Beaux Arts in Paris, but left at age 20 and later went to Los Angeles.[6]
No comments:
Post a Comment