Tuesday, September 5, 2023

again, jew without mitzvos

 

Who is the rudest celebrity you have met, and who would be the nicest?

Hands down the rudest celebrity I ever met was Harvey Weinstein. I was working on a production that he was producing. Nearly every sentence out of his mouth was filled with expletives, negativity, and hate. He also created an incredibly toxic environment from the top down, which saw almost every member of the creative team threaten to quit the production at one point.

I’ve also met many incredibly nice celebrities, and it’s hard to say who the nicest was. But here are a few:

  1. Paul Sorvino: I was his vocal coach for a movie musical he was going to be filming. He was a true gentleman, a pleasure to work with, and a true artist who loved to create. After the film came out, we stayed in touch over the years and would sometimes grab lunch when I was in Los Angeles. It was truly inspiring being around someone who loved being an artist and being creative as much as Paul Sorvino did.
  2. Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton: I met Quincy and Rod one evening when they came backstage following a performance of Cirque du Soleil’s “O” show during my tenure as keyboardist in the band there. Following the show, I was grabbing drinks in the lounge at the Bellagio when Quincy and Rod came in looking for a table. My friends and I reintroduced ourselves and offered them our table, and they responded by offering us a round of drinks. We wound up staying in the lounge hanging out with them until about 3am that night hearing stories about the making of Michael Jackson’s Thriller. It was a truly special evening, and it was a incredibly special to interact with Quincy and Rod as two fellow human beings and to get to know them beyond their public personas.

No comments: