Thursday, September 7, 2023

jews without mitzvos

Questions and answers from Quora

Who are the rudest rock stars?

My cousin's band opened for Peter Wolf (formerly of the J. Geils Band) at a venue called The Chance in Poughkeepsie, New York, back in the 90s, and said Wolf was incredibly rude and full of himself. Gary said one of Wolf's band's pieces of equipment (can't remember what now) wasn't working and he came to him and just demanded to use Gary's — didn't ask, didn't say please, just walked up said “we need to use yours". When Gary said hey, you know, you could ask instead of demanding, Wolf did the old “don't you know who I am?” routine.


Birth Name: Peter W. Blankfield

Place of Birth: The Bronx, New York City, New York, U.S.

Date of Birth: March 7, 1946

Ethnicity: Ashkenazi Jewish


Jerry Lewis was the worst person of fame that I have met. He was rude, obnoxious and made our TV crew pay for his lunch. We were doing promos for MDA. And he acted like he was royalty A complete jerk. Second would be Alan Hammel, the husband of Suzane Summers. Big time jerk!

Nicest was Diane Keaton, lovely woman. She directed an episode of a show I was working on. Was very friendly.


Lewis was born on March 16, 1926, in Newark, New Jersey, to a Jewish family. 


Keaton was raised a Free Methodist by her mother.


Alan Hamel was born in Toronto of Jewish descent.[1] He was in the television arts program at Ryerson Institute of Technology in 1954 but did not graduate.


Who is the rudest celebrity you have met, and who would be the nicest?

Nicest - I was driving in downtown DC when suddenly a limousine pulled to rapidly out of an alley and almost hit my car. The passenger got out to see if I was OK. It was Anwar Sadat, who was here for the Camp David accords.

Rudest - I was at a Los Angeles Dodgers game. A couple of rows ahead of me was Jerry Lewis. He was showing off to friends. He took a hot dog with mustard and squeezed it to make it fly. It landed on my white suit. He made no acknowledgement or apology but totally ignored it

The rudest celebrity was Jerry Lewis, whereas the nicest person was Jimmy Durante.

During my high school years, I worked part-time at an A&W Root Beer Stand in Santa Monica, and there were a few celebrities who would drop by for a quick bite occasionally. Back then, I was a huge Jerry Lewis fan and would always be thrilled to catch his latest movies. However, after experiencing multiple visits where he displayed rudeness towards the employees and other customers while flaunting his fame, my perception of him as a talented actor completely changed. Consequently, I could no longer bear to watch his movies or support his fundraising telethons. Maybe he was just having a bad day every time that he came in but after a while you stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Completely the opposite was Jimmy Durante. He embodied a warm and amiable grandfather-like figure. He would take the time to sit down and converse with people on a personal level. He would listen and tell stories that delivered advice in a relatable manner even for teenagers. Interestingly, he never once mentioned his fame or expected special attention. I wish I had heard of his passing, I would like to have paid my last respects.


Durante was born on the Lower East Side of New York City. He was the youngest of four children born to Rosa (née Lentino) and Bartolomeo Durante, both immigrants from SalernoCampania, Italy.[1]


The rudest would be that little prick Ted Koppel! He is either incredibly arrogant or so deathly afraid of people that he turns to shit anytime anyone unknown to him is near. Either way; a complete schmuck.

The nicest by far: Ernest Borgnine…….what a total gentleman he was!! Also an incredible actor as far as I’m concerned.

Koppel, an only child, was born in Nelson, England. His parents were German Jews who fled Germany after the rise of Adolf Hitler and Nazism.

Borgnine was born Ermes Effron Borgnino (Italian: [borˈɲiːno]) on January 24, 1917, in Hamden, Connecticut,[3][4] the son of Italian immigrants. His mother, Anna (née Boselli; 1894–c. 1949),[5] hailed from Carpi, near Modena, while his father Camillo Borgnino (1891–1975)[6] was a native of Ottiglio near Alessandria.[7] 

Most definitely Danny Kaye. He was a friend of the original founder of Cuisinarts, and used to come to San Francisco for the big Gourmet show when Cuisinarts was fairly new and a very big deal. One time he came to our show booth wearing rumpled, dirty clothes and a battered fishing hat, and was extremely rude to one of the women working in the booth for no reason. The person he was rude to was a chef and was there to demonstrate cooking techniques. He was astonishingly entitled and imperious.

The nicest encounter was with someone from the same decades of show biz history: Mary Martin. She came into a boutique where I was working and when I recognized her she was happy to talk with me - delightful and charming.


Danny Kaye (born David Daniel KaminskyYiddishדוד־דניאל קאַמינסקי; January 18, 1911 – March 3, 1987) was an American actor, comedian, singer, and dancer. His performances featured physical comedy, idiosyncratic pantomimes, and rapid-fire novelty songsDavid Daniel Kaminsky was born in Brooklyn, New York, on January 18, 1911 (though he would later say 1913),[2][3][4][5] to Ukrainian–Jewish immigrants Jacob and Clara (née Nemerovsky) Kaminsky. 


Martin was born in Weatherford, TexasShe was legally married on November 3, 1930, at Grace Episcopal Church (Hopkinsville, Kentucky).[


Who is the rudest celebrity you have met, and who would be the nicest?

 · 
Follow

Tom Bosley was so rude to me- he treated me like I was a staff member even though he was spending time with my Aunt & Uncle at their beach house and home in Beverly Hills.


Have you ever met a famous person who was mean?

Tom Bosley, who played the father on Happy Days.

He seemed like the nicest man in the world on the show, but not in person. I was carrying his bags up to his room at the Four Seasons Clift Hotel in San Francisco and he seemed really annoyed when I told him that I recognized his voice. I don't know if he was just having a bad day, but I was so convinced by his performance on TV that it surprised me that he could be a dick.


Who was the rudest celebrity you’ve met?

 · 
Follow

First, let me tell you the nicest:

NicestMICHAEL JACKSON

In 1987, I was a teenager and happened to be in Los Angeles. My friend and I happened to walk down a street and came across the filming of what was to be the Pepsi commercial where Michael is chased by fans through the city. A crowd of people had stopped to watch.

We were standing behind a temporary fence and Michael was standing right next to us. Me being the snarky teenager I was said: “I wonder if he’s sad that we’re just standing here and not chasing him like the commercial?” With that, he smiled, walked over to the crowd and shook hands and greeted us. He actually thanked us for coming out to watch the filming. He was shy, sweet, and extremely real.

Rudest: TOM BOSLEY

In 1981, I attended a HUGE festival for deaf children from around the state to raise awareness. The children performed on stage, met with celebrities, etc. One of the celebrities was Tom Bosley; the father on the show Happy Days which was ranked in the top 20 Nielsen list at the time.

When he emerged from the elevator he was surrounded by kids waiting anxiously to see him (me included) and not knowing some of us were hearing started making comments “Get these kids to back off, get them away from me”

When children would approach him he would wave his hand at them to leave and look away and kept saying with gnashed teeth “I said get them away from me!”

When the cameras came to take photos or video it was like someone put a new head on his body. His face changed from looking like he was smelling rotten eggs transforming him into looking loving, smiling and friendly. He put his arms around children smiling - even his eyes were twinkling. As soon as the cameras stopped clicking he turned his back. I thought to myself, this is what acting is… The transformation was stunning.

As he made his way back to the elevator to leave, he kept telling his handlers, “Make them back off, no more photos” and wouldn’t even wave goodbye to his deaf fans.

I never bought a Glad trash bag again.

Born in ChicagoIllinois, Bosley was the son of Dora (née Heyman) and Benjamin Bosley.[2] Although well known for playing a Catholic priest and Protestant patriarchs, Bosley was actually Jewish.[3][4]

GILDA Radner is still the rudest person I have ever spoken to. She called to order a limousine. It was my regular shift on a Saturday night. I asked her how-to spell her last name. SNL had just started and I did not know how famous she was suppose to be. The things that woman called me a complete stranger she wanted me to help her. Now Dick van Dike I loved talking to him. It made my nights. He calls with almost. A musical voice and such a gentleman .


Radner was born in Detroit, Michigan, to Jewish parents, Henrietta (née Dworkin), a legal secretary, and Herman Radner, a businessman



I post these Q & A's as they came into my mailbox. I didn't pick out the ones where the rude celebrity was Jewish and the nice one gentile. It just so happens that every rude one was secular Jewish and every nice one gentile. The question asked wasn't to name a rude Jewish celebrity, just a rude celebrity. I'll bet that in most cases the respondent had no idea that the rude celebrity was Jewish. Knowing who is and isn't a Jew is our thing. Gentiles generally don't pay attention to that. I know many gentiles who don't know that Barbra Streisand and Neil Diamond are Jewish. 


So why would this be that these Jews are so problematic. The Gemara tells us. If not for the Torah, no nation could withstand the Jews because we are so bold and impetuous. I explain as follows: we are built with tremendous energy and strength and a critical eye that is meant for perfecting ourselves in holiness. For this we need Torah and mitzvos. Without Torah and mitzvos, we turn all those capabilities on the world and drive people crazy. Along with these who officially don't have mitzvos are those who downplay mitzvos and refuse to talk about them and only talk about Torah study. Even those who say they care about mitzvos have to be alert to a tendency in many Jews to be pains in the neck and to drive others crazy. Whenever we do that, we are squandering opportunities to become holy. 


Side note, Sandy Koufax is known to be very polite and kindly as is Henry Winkler. Both are Jewish even though they are not Torah observant. Also, Peter Falk.


"The nicest celebrity I met was probably Peter Falk. He was warm, genuine, open and engaging. When I reached out to shake his hand, I thought I was never going to get it back. He was a wonderful person…"


And there are gentile celebrities who are known to be consistently rude: Chuck Berry for example. So it's not so simple, but hopefully you get the point. 



No comments: